- Fixed missing display of File Info when printing and creating pictures.
- Improved import of OBJ, VRML and PLY files.
- Fixed program crashes when using the Auto Explosion function from the Explode tool.
- 3D-NativeCAD Converter: Updated interfaces with support of Creo 2.0.
- Premium-Version: Updated Premium interfaces with support of Creo 2.0.
New in Version 10.02
- Fixed incidental program crashes while highlighting parts, assemblies, or models.
- Accelerated saving of STL, VRML, and DXF-section files.
- Accelerated loading of STL files.
- Improved display of 3DS files.
- Updated Premium interfaces with support of CATIA V5R22 and UG NX 8.
New in Version 10.01
- Improved import and smooth display of VRML files.
- Improved DXF export of cross sections.
- Fixed problems when loading the short message in "Publish EXE/DDD".
- Minor bug fixes.
New in Version 10.00
- Simplified operation due to new Ribbon menu.
- Multilingual user interface featuring switching of languages during runtime.
- 3D-NativeCAD Converter:
- Selection of parts and assemblies for conversion.
- Conversion of Unigraphics, SolidWorks and Parasolid files.
- Update of the interfaces with support of Inventor 2012, CATIA V5R21 and Creo 1.0.
- Interfaces with 64bit support.
- Import of Unigraphics and SolidWorks files.
- Updated Premium interfaces with support of Inventor 2012, CATIA V5R21 and Creo 1.0.
- Premium interfaces with 64bit support.
- Import of multiple 2D-drawings into one session.
- Support of unicode charsets in 3D and 2D.
- Improved alignment of cross sections and moving the cross section with the mouse.
- Taking screenshots by marquee selecting sections of the screen and copying them to the Clipboard.
- Displaying previews when choosing Custom Views.
- Permanent highlighting of selected parts and assemblies.
- Enhanced program settings.
New in Version 9.05
- Updated native interfaces supporting Inventor 2010 and 2011.
- Fixed failure of 3D-PDF export of models with long/missing part names and small parts.
- Fixed failure of conversion of assemblies to file formats, which do not support assemblies.
- Selectable file associations during program setup.
- Minor bug fixes.
New in Version 9.04
- Fixed version bug when converting to CATIA V5R18 and V5R20.
- Fixed import error in Premium import.
New in Version 9.03
- New "2-Step conversion" option in 3D-NativeCAD Converter.
- Updated native interfaces supporting CATIA V5R20 and Pro/E Wildfire 5.
- Translation to CATIA V5 possible down to V5R6.
- Projected area calculation with decimal numbers.
New in Version 9.02
- Fixed bug in 2D-diameter calculation.
- Section line is drawn permanently in section only mode when section is moved.
- Fixed switching of measure modes after creating a diameter or radius dimension.
- Fixed crashes when loading ddd/exe files containing multiple models.
- Improved online request of license keys through firewalls.
- Made 2D-pictures stay displayed while dragging.
- Corrected dimension preview when measuring 3D-clearances.
New in Version 9.01
- Catia V5 import/convert bug solved.
- IGS import bug in Advanced Version solved.
- Output version for CATIA converter added (CATIAV5R19, CATIAV5R18,CATIAV5R17,CATIAV5R16).
- Output version for SAT converter added (V20, V19, V18).
- Drag and Drop in Converter added.
New in Version 9.00
- Premium version supports import of native CATIA V5, CATIA V4, Pro/E and Inventor files.
- 3D-NativeCAD Converter converts CATIA V4/V5, Pro/E, Inventor, STEP, IGS, VDA, SAT to CATIA V4/V5, STEP, IGS, VDA, SAT and STL.
- New measurement functions and improved display for 3D dimensions.
- 2D-measurement and 2D-markup.
- Section plane rotation by two axes for cross sections.
- Adjustable text size, colors and lines for annotations and dimensions.
- Auto-Explode in Assembly Explode tool.
- New Tooling Analysis with draft display and projected area calculation.
- New 3D file format PLY - load and save.
- Selection of an animation for the start of EXE files.
New in Version 8.55
- Improved dual monitor support.
- Improved support of long part names for 3D-PDF export.
- Authenticity of program is verified by code signing during installation.
New in Version 8.54
- Improved interfaces for 3DS, STEP, IGS, VDA, SAT, PARASOLID.
- Minor bug fixes.
New in Version 8.53
- Start of EXE/DDD files without slideshow (can be optionally set in "Publish File").
- Improved context menu in 2D section (when no 2D-Data is loaded).
- Information tool: Improved display of information when changing the view.
- Improved interfaces.
New in Version 8.52
- Bug fixes in DXF-Import, IV-Import and Custom Views Editor.
- Solved proxy connection problems for online key request and update check.
- Print with scale disabled for all perspective views.
New in Version 8.51
- Bug fixes in 3D-PDF export, DXF section export and Custom Views Editor.
- Direct start of slideshow when starting EXE files enabled again.
- Integrated online key request by e-mail.
New in Version 8.50
- Publishing of 3D-PDF files.
- 3D-Tool Free Viewer to view 3D-Tool EXE and DDD files.
- Perspective Display.
- Custom Views Editor to change the order and names of Custom Views.
- New Render Modes: Hidden Lines - colored and black/white.
- Display of non-sectioned Elements in Cross Sections.
- Export of section lines as DXF files.
- Online request of License Keys.
- Online request of Trial Keys.
New in Version 8.14
- Improved import of STL files.
- Bug fix in "Custom Views".
- Increased speed of 3DS export.
New in Version 8.13
- Bug fixes in new functions.
New in Version 8.12
- Picking of points in not closed sections.
- Display of recently used files in file menu.
- Improved display of background images.
- Bug fixes in Annotations-Dimensions and VRML-import.
New in Version 8.11
- Support of 3D-mouses made by 3Dconnexion.
- Bug fixes in VRML, OBJ and Advanced Interfaces (STEP, IGS, VDA, SAT, PARASOLID).
- Fixing of some program bugs.
New in Version 8.1
- Simplified user interface.
- Property Editor to editing element names, colors and transparency quickly.
- Improved 3D und 2D interfaces.
New in Version 8.0
- Redesigned and simplified measurement tools with automatic pre-selection of references.
- New tool “Assembly Explode” to create exploded views.
- New tool “Animation” to create animations.
- Export of animations into AVI-video.
- Display of elements using different render modes: shaded, shaded with edges, wire frame.
- Filled intersections when doing cross sections.
- Easy editing of part and shell names.
- Function to align the view parallel to the screen.
- Up to 50% increased display speed.
- Highlight function when moving the mouse pointer over elements in the element list.
New in Version 7.5
- Assembly handling: 3D-Tool now supports assemblies when importing STEP and PARASOLID as well as VRML files from PRO/E. New assemblies can be configured as well.
- New tool “Annotations-Dimensions“: Easily apply dimensions and notes directly to the CAD model.
- Show background images and background text.
- New full screen mode for presentations.
- New shade mode: Shaded with black edges.
- Improved 2D-printing with high resolution plots and pen assignments.
- Support of Windows XP Styles.
- Improved Help with Icons.
- Improved 3D and 2D interfaces.
New in Version 7.1
- VRML 2.0 Export.
- Improved VRML Import.
- Improved IGS/STEP/SAT/VDA Interface.
- PARASOLID support in Advanced License (Beta Version).
New in Version 7.0
- 2D-Support for: DXF, DWG, HPGL, HPGL2
- with Delete, Move, Scale, Change colors, Blank Layers, black/white Display of Lines.
- New supported 3D file formats: VDA, SAT, VRML, IV.
- Support for shell names from IGS/Step.
- Support for shell names from Pro/E assemblies via VRML.
- New highly improved Print/Create picture interface.
- New Help System.
- Better compression of created EXE files. (up to 50%)
- Support of icon creation - provides graphic thumbnail icons for your created Exe Files.
- Optional Zip compression of exe Files as e-mail attachment. (includes a password option)
- Improved IGS/STEP interface.
- Sizeable list of shells/layers.
- Batch mode for EXE creation.
- Drag and Drop support to load Files - Drag Files directly in the 3D-Tool window.
- Show and hide of complete files in shell mode.
New in Version 6.7
- Improved interfaces for IGS / STEP, 3DS, XGL.
- New company address.
New in Version 6.6
- New supported file format: STEP files (optional).
- New menu opened with right mouse button for quick access of functions.
- Improved Interfaces (especially IGS, XGL, 3DS).
- “Tip of day” added.
- Some automatic repair functions added:
- Search of near points.
- Auto orientation of surfaces.
- Improved note function (right direction of note creation).
- Improved picture quality by using antialias when printing and creating pictures.
- New export file format: (*.3ds) 3D-Studio.
New in Version 6.5
- German version available.
- New design.
- New supported file formats for import:
- (*.igs) IGS files (optional) > all 3D-CAD Systems.
- (*.xgl *.zgl) XGL files > SolidEdge, Solidworks, Autodesk Inventor.
- (*.obj) OBJ files > Alias Wavefront.
- (*.3ds *prj *.pli) 3DS files > 3D Studio.
- (*.dxf) DXF files (3D-faces only).
- (*.asc) ASC files > 3D Studio.
- New export file format:
- (*.mac) Ansys Macro with the geometry of the part.
New in Version 6.0
- “Custom Views” to save the complete display settings, the zoom and the displayed or blanked components. So you can easily point out details to the person viewing your data.
- Slideshow to display a sequence of “Custom Views”.
- New options when creating EXE files:
- View Only - Disables measurements and reloads so only viewing is possible.
- Specification of a Custom View to start with.
- Added “load last used files”.
- New rotation method: about screen center - easier rotation of big parts and zoomed details.
- Rotation of views by 180°: horizontally, vertically, normally.
- Added create copy in move, rotate and mirror dialog.
- draft angle analysis in 3 Modes:
- Show the parting in 2 cavities.
- Show the draft angles as positive, negative and zero.
- Show the angles in different colors.
- Wall thickness analysis: check the different thickness of the entire part at once.
- Some new toolbar icons, e.g. for creating an exe file.
- Bigger picture size for export (up to 10.000 x 10.000 points).
- Faster Help.